The initial conference is part of the investigation and what is said in the conference counts. It is important that whomever is present representing the interests of the employer appears knowledgeable and organized. Documents generally requested are:
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all business owners and their company officers.
- Organizational chart.
- Legal names of company and all other names used.
- Records showing gross annual dollar volume for past three years.
- List of all employees with addresses and phone numbers, job titles, hourly rates/ salaries and exempt status.
- All 1099 forms issued for the past two years.
- Employers’ federal tax ID number.
Source for Employment Notes: Conquering a Department of Labor Investigation by: Laura K. Sitar, Shareholder at Wroten & Associates.