All too often, employers are not prepared and negatively influence the outcome of an investigation by failing to:
- Immediately respond to a request for an appointment by the DOL or a notice requesting documents be provided.
- Prepare a game plan ahead of time regarding how to proceed once notice of an investigation has been given.
- Prepare employees for interviews.
- Fully understand the laws the DOL is there to enforce.
- Cooperate with the DOL.
- Seek assistance or representation, if necessary.
Source for Employment Notes: Conquering a Department of Labor Investigation by: Laura K. Sitar, Shareholder at Wroten & Associates.