What employees should know:
- Employee interviews are voluntary.
- Employees should not be intimidated because the investigator’s credentials look like a police badge.
- Employees are expected to be truthful.
- Employees should listen carefully to all questions asked.
- Employees should take a break or end the interview at any time.
- Employees should feel comfortable asking facility management any questions about the interview process before or after the interview.
Source for Employment Notes: Conquering a Department of Labor Investigation by: Laura K. Sitar, Shareholder at Wroten & Associates.