A residential care facility for the elderly may evict a resident only if one of the following criteria are met and documented:
- Nonpayment of rate for basic services within ten days of their due date;
- Failure of the resident to abide by state or local law;
- Failure of the resident to follow facility policies;
- Needs of the resident are no longer met; or
- Facility has changed its purpose.
Source for Discharge Notes: What to Do When a Resident Refuses Transfer or Discharge by: Andrea R. Sitar, Attorney at Wroten & Associates.