A skilled nursing facility may evict a resident only if one of the following criteria are met and documented:
- Nonpayment of rent;
- Resident’s health has improved and he/she no longer needs nursing care;
- Resident’s needs have increased and cannot be met by the facility;
- Resident is endangering others’ safety;
- Resident is endangering others’ health; or
- The facility is going out of business.
Source for Discharge Notes: What to Do When a Resident Refuses Transfer or Discharge by: Andrea R. Sitar, Attorney at Wroten & Associates.