Labor Code § 226 requires accurate itemized pay statements showing:
- Gross wages earned,
- Total hours worked by the employee,
- The number of piece rate units earned and any applicable piece rate if the employee is paid on a piece rate basis,
- All deductions, provided that all deductions made on written orders of the employee, may be aggregated and shown as one item,
- Net wages earned,
- Dates inclusive of the period for which the employee is paid,
- Name of the employee and only the last four digits of his or her social security number or an employee identification number other that a social security number,
- Name and address of the legal entity that is the employer, and
- Applicable hourly rates in effect during the pay period and the corresponding number of hours worked at each hourly rate by the employee.
Source for Employment notes: Window of Opportunity for Employers: AB 1506 by: Laura K. Sitar, Shareholder at Wroten & Associates.